Monday, June 18, 2007

Eat your Kiwis

So, today is my Little Brother's Birthday. He's 28.

He's also doing 17 years No Chance of Parole in The Oregon State Pen. He's got about 7 years left.

So, well, here's wishing him the Happiest Birthday possible under the circumstances.

Last time I went to visit him, we were able to buy him some Orange Juice, which is apparently in high demand. He mentioned that the first thing he wanted to do when he got out was to eat a big kiwi fruit, because he hadn't had one in almost a decade.

Everyday at work, during our pre-meal meeting, they bring out the "Sorbet of the Day" and the plate of fruit that comes with it, which, of course, includes some sliced kiwi. It used to go to waste a lot of the time. Now I make sure to take a minute and enjoy it.

Happy Birthday Daniel. I know you can't read this, but I'm thinking about you, and I'm not letting any kiwi go to waste. Love yeh, Man. Be well.

No comments: