Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Under the wire

Anyone notice how close I cut it yesterday on the time? Seven minutes to midnight, still got a Monday blog.

The 'Net is back on at my abode; loose connection just when I had no time to track it down. All fixed now.

I need to jump in the shower and run to Acting class just now, so we're gonna call this a place holder. Tuesday blog will be posted after class and before bed, but likely after the Witching Hour. So, watch this space.
------------------

Back from Class. I have a ton of work coming up, and thus, a ton of work to do.

This class has what they call "Booking Week" where you sign up to schedule scenes for the following month. I have four different things that were posted tonight. That's four things, with four different people that I haven't even started yet, or really even picked scenes for. Hell, some of the stuff I've never even seen.

That's a lot.

Plus the scene I'm working on already, and like two or three other things that I'm supposed to start and work in, as well.

The good news about this is, well, apparently people want to work with me. That's pretty awesome. Let's just hope I don't stretch myself too thin, start to suck, and then people stop wanting to work with me.

How about I keep on top of that and not have it happen, eh?

I'm putting up Blues Brothers on Tuesday. We want to do several more scenes from it, plus a song. That's already a go. That's from last Booking Period. Coming up is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Cinderella Man, Mystic River and, apparently, Sin City. We haven't picked specific scenes from any of them, and, in fact, in the case of Sin City, we don't even know if we're doing the Movie, or something from a Graphic Novel. (But I've learned not to say, "No," when a pretty girl wants to do a scene with you where she's likely to be scantily clad.) I haven't even seen Cinderella Man or Mystic River yet.

Also in the works are Of Mice and Men and either True Romance or The Shining, quite possibly both.

I'mo be busy.

Meanwhile, ideas for comedy sketches are floating through my mind again, now. Been jotting those down. Gotta see if the name "A Street Car named Bob," is taken already. Also, need to figure out a follow up for my Monologue. I think that's the thing that got me into this mess.

I'm pretty happy with the mess, at the moment, I have to admit.

No comments: