Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Frustration.

My computer keeps crashing. I have no idea what's going on. I'm trying to isolate the problem, but it is proving elusive.

No "Blue Screen of Death," nothing. It just periodically stops working. Sometimes, when it does so, it resets my Bios settings, taking it back to December 31st, 2001, and resetting my default video card/monitor.

It's almost funny to see my desktop calendar widget tell me tomorrow is New Year's day.

The novelty wears off quickly.

This computer has been loyal and stable for a long, long time. It's never been prone to crashing. I'm seeking solutions and alternatives at the moment. I may end up hitting the Net Cafe, eventually, to keep things rolling, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Check the battery on your motherboard. You may need to replace it.