Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Eye Balls.

It's been a busy day, and just about to go get ready for work.

I paid that debt, in full. I have a confirmation number, it's DONE.

I also have made an appointment to see The Eye Guy. I go in Monday to find out if I'm eligible for the surgery. I really, really fucking hope I am. I swear, if I'm not, I just might cry. That's not something I do a lot.

My dilemma yesterday was just that, had I not got that debt out of the way, I could, I'm fairly certain, paid for the surgery in one lump sum. Owned my eyeballs free and clear, as it were. I know that this Doctor, in talking to my friend who've gone to him, will set up payments through a Debit card, after a sizeable down payment. I have that down payment. I don't know if this counts as an "Unsecured" debt or not. I know I'm going to have him fix my eyes if it's at all possible.

Someone suggested in yesterday's comments that if I hadn't done anything for myself in awhile I should go ahead and do this. Well, the truth is that I'm an indulgent little fuck, so I really don't get that excuse. However, I have literally wanted to do this from the very day I heard it was possible. I remember specifically when I first heard about it. I have rued my dependence on corrective eyewear ever since second crade, when I was first forced to wear glasses. I stubbornly, as a teenager, wore neither glasses nor contacts and just walked around blind for years.

I want this, I want it bad. If I put it off, I'll just never end up doing it.

Every single person I know who has had it done says the same thing about it: "Best thing I ever did." I have spoke to exactly one person who knew someone else personally who had had a bad experience with it. The doctor I am going to has worked on three people I know, and specializes in giving people better than 20/20 vision. My friend he zapped has 20/10 right now.

Monday can't come fast enough.

Please Pray for me that I'm able to have it done. Or send good Mojo, whatever your thing. I swear I'll be heartbroken and devastated if he says, "No." Though I'll probably pick up some new Buddy Holly glasses out of spite.

Monday, Monday, Monday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You remind me of the babe.
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the babe.

**sending good mojo**