Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dead Eye

So, my self-imposed Blogging Schedule disappeared last week, but considering the circumstances, for all of us, I guess it's understandable.

I made my eye appointment Monday, and everything is cool with that, but then, of course, that same day the dead returned to devour the flesh of the living. I didn't find out about what had happened until I left the Doctor's office, when some woman in a skirt suit tried to take a bite out of my bicep. Fucking Corporate Zombies. The lobby Security Guard saved my fucking ass.

As an aside, I had no idea Lobby Security backed their shit up with shot guns. Good to know.

Fortunately the Doctor's office is not far from here and, it being on the ninth floor, they seem to be using it as a home base, for now. I called them and they said to go ahead and keep my Monday preliminary appointment, and then this coming Friday, provided none of us are shambling corpses hunting for Brains, they'll go ahead and do the surgery as scheduled.

Even in the last few days, I have really realized what a handicap it is having to worry about breaking your glasses while fighting off the Undead. I'm convinced this surgery will really increase my over all survival chances.

1 comment:

Berko Wills said...

Glad it went well. I have been considering it off and on. I'm not blind without glasses but everything is just blurry shapes so I pretty much have to wear them now (and the optometrist said they had degenerated since last prescription).

Trouble is, I read a book on eyes and the author wasn't convinced that it was danger free. Or that you wouldn't end up having to wear glasses anyway; a typical scenario is where they fix your shortsightedness but then, with age, your longsightedness goes.

Still, glad to hear someone having it done and it working out.