Wednesday, March 01, 2006

On The Scratching of Ass

So, I've told some folks what I was up to here. (You're one of them, aren't you?) The following was posted to a Message Board Thread on the Subject.

Bear in mind the poster I'm about to quote is one of my Best Friends on the Planet. He's allowed to say shit like this to me. He's also allowed to get told to Fuck Off for doing so. In any case, whether he pissed me off or not (and he did) the point he made was valid, as was, I think, my response to it. Anyway, here:

Quote:
This is why I don't have a blog, aside from the rage I feel in my breast every time I hear, see, think, or type the word.

Today, I scratched my ass. It wasn't as spiritually satisfying as yesterday's ass scratch was, but maybe tomorrow will be better. I'll be running to Wal-Mart today to pick up a cheap back-scratcher on the off chance that it can also be used to scratch my ass. Here's a link to a website about ass-scratching that I found today. I had hoped that they would sell me a good ass-scratcher through the mail, but they just seem to have pictures of ass-scratchers throughout the ages. Fucking funny stuff, man. Oh, well. I may post more later if I'm not scratching something. My ass is getting a little raw, so I may go for the balls tonight.


To be fair, I actually agree with him on the idiocy of the term "Blog" itself, but I wasn't consulted as to it's validity, so I tend not to worry about it. Anyway, here's my response.

Quote:
It's about accountability, asshole.

Or, to use your analogy, I can sit around thinking about how I really should improve my Ass-Scratching techniques, being as I have the means to do so, but if I only think about it privately, or write about it a private journal, (Dear Diary, my ass really itches. I know I should apply a side to side scratch, but I just can't seem to find the motivation...) my Ass will probably just continue to itch.

If I check in daily on my Ass scratching progress on a public blog that I've informed others who have been known to scratch an ass that I am posting to, I will likely feel more obligated to improve my ass-scratching.

All of that aside, those being why I personally have started this endeavor, there are some really useful and informative Blogs that have nothing to do with the Bloggers' personal lives. Some have multiple authors. Gizmodo, which is a really cool Blog about new gadgets is really fucking nice. Every day they show shit from around the world, new gee-gaws and gim-cracks. Really cool shit and where new technology is really heading. Boing Boing is good, though it is often centered with a political slant that would make Mik's head explode. Still a lot of cool art projects, events and news items you probably wouldn't otherwise find end up on there. Also, I like LifeHacker a lot, it's focus is on personal productivity, software and hardware that can help actually get shit done. Lot's of little tips and tricks, spyware free software downloads make there way on there, but, as with any software they focus on, they usually look at how to get it to actually accomplish something rather than just be a bell or a whistle.

These are the Blogs I read. There the kind of thing I'd eventually like to evolve into, but I don't think I can do that from the gate, so I made the start you've seen.

And yeah, the post this morning was just a check in on stuff I'd mentioned from the previous day, whether or not I'd accomplished the Ass-Scratching I'd set out to do or not. However, in an attempt to somewhat emulate the blogs I do admire, I made it a point to throw some other things in there. A "Thank you" of sorts for bothering to stop and read. Stuff that interested me, and that I hoped would interest my friends. In today's case, a free, tiny program that has great potential, a story on an interesting place, the likes of which I've never seen, (And would really like to go to) and a web site that will do for free what many pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for, with the bonus of being able to access your stuff anywhere in the world that has the 'net access to surf to the page.

So, y'know, I'm trying. Thanks for the overwelming support.


I posted this here, because it further refines and focuses what I'm doing here in the first place, and what the hell this is about. That, and he pissed me off.

1 comment:

Berko Wills said...

I don't have anything about the scratching of ass but my recent post deals with the fucking of ass. Does that count?